Saturday, March 19, 2011

When A Boring Old Brownie Just Sounds Blagh... Try A Blondie!

I was surfing one of my favorite sites and came across the idea of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Blondies. For Full recipe go here : http://rainydaygal.com/ or I have a step by step below.
Oh these are a yummy treat!
Melt 1 stick of butter, but make sure to let it cool, because you have to add one egg to it, and no one likes scrambled egg in their dessert. Unless you are just strange like that.

Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I would have shown a picture of me adding the egg, but it didn't turn out. (which really means my thumb nail looked kind of odd, and I didn't want it showing up close in a picture)

Mix your vanilla, egg and butter until smooth.

Add 1 cup of brown sugar.

Mix well, no lumps.

See Ma? No lumps!

Add 1 cup of flour. P.S. Don't follow my picture. I didn't actually have a true full cup of flour, I ran out, but I think I ended up with just enough.

Add 1/2 tsp of salt.

You will think it looks a little dark as you stir, but hold on, keep mixing.

Once the flour is all incorporated you end up with a nice light mixture: Hence, the name Blondie.

Add about 3/4 cup of peanut butter chips.

Then add about 3/4 cup of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Grease a small pan.

One lesson I learned, I should have let all the bubbles rise to the top and pop (see picture below).

See, air bubbles. But dang it, they were still good!
You want to cook the Blondies for about 20 minutes or so at 350. The edges should be golden and you will see cracking along the top. Hopefully no air bubbles like mine :(

Technically, you should really wait until these babies cool down, but I am not a waiting kind of girl. I just am not genetically programmed to wait for chocolate and peanut butter together on one plate.

And I figured the ice cream negated the warmth of the Blondie, cuz I'm a cheater like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment