Monday, May 30, 2011

Angelfood Trifle Cake


I had a couple of baking failures this weekend. I "tried" to make strawberry biscuits with black pepper, but that was pretty much an epic failure (but I have not given up on that one yet!!!). Then I tried to bake chocolate chip cookies (pre made dough from a kids school function no less) and over baked them in the oven. Life pretty much sucked.

Then I decided on Strawberry Short Cake, because who could screw that up? But as I was buying the items, I felt like I wanted to do a little more than just plain old short cake, so I went with an Angel food Trifle Cake, which I've never done before, but from the finished result pictures looks pretty darn good!


Step One
Buy and Angel food Cake Mix, bake as directed on the box.
Step Two
Make Instant Vanilla Pudding, as directed on the box.
Step Three
Take half a quart of heavy cream and whip up to soft peaks (there are no directions for this, other than use the wire whisk attachment and whisk at high speed)
Step Four
Fold in the heavy cream with the pudding.
Step Five
Get a Glass bowl
Step Six
For the bottom layer, break up a bunch of pieces of cake and cover the bottom.
Step Seven
Slice up some fruit (I used strawberries and black berries) and layer them across your cake.
Step Eight
Spoon the cream pudding mixture over your fruit.
Step Nine
Repeat steps six through Eight
Step Ten
Because I really didn't have one, slice up a couple of your last strawberries and make a pretty fan and stick on top of your trifle. It's a very fancy way to say I left an extra strawberry out on accident.
Step Eleven
Feel good about the fact that Angel food Cake is practically Fat Free (ignore the fact that heavy cream is not, concentrate on knowing that everyone needs Dairy in their lives! Susan Sarandon said so today on a milk commercial after all!)

Step Twelve
Reflect on Memorial Day, and pray for those who are still serving!


No comments:

Post a Comment