Saturday, May 14, 2011

Candy Apple Salad


That's right, Candy Apple Salad. This dessert/salad blew...my...mind. The flavor combinations sound sooooooo wrong, but believe me when I tell you this: They are soooooo right.

You will need:
3 Granny Smith Apples
1 bag of Snickers miniature candy
1 package of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of sugar
1 8 oz. container of cool whip


Whip together the cream cheese and sugar really well.

There was some debate on if powdered sugar should be used, but don't go there! It would be way way way too sweet. The sugar will dissolve into the cream cheese, you just have to keep whipping.

Next add the whole container of cool whip, and whip up some more. I only had a 16 oz. container of cool whip, so I only used half of what I had, and it seemed about right by the time I finished up.

Now it's time to chop up the apples and the whole bag of miniature Snickers bars, then fold them into the cream cheese/cool whip combo.


That's it.
You are done.

Well, maybe not all the way done.
Put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours if you can stay out of it that long.
And if you can, you are next up for saint hood, I envy your will power.
Really, I know the ingredients just sound so off of what is normal in a dessert/salad, but you will not regret trying this one out. It's like eating a candy apple with cool whip. Delicious!


Enjoy! I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment