Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cool Dessert on a Warm Spring Day: Strawberry Jello Cupcakes

Simple! Simple!
I grew up having Jello Cake in the summer time, and it's one of my favorite cool desserts, so why not make it into a cupcake to kick off summer a little early?

I baked the cupcakes from the box. You can use a white cake mix, or an angel food cake mix, or if you are like me and only have yellow, use yellow. Follow normal directions for baking on the back of the box. (See, easy, told ya so). Then once they are cooled, take a toothpick and poke shallow holes into your cakes.

Boil a cup of water and add one 3oz. bag of jello (your choice, I just happened to use Strawberry).

After the jello has dissolved, add 1/2 a cup of cold water.

Try not to laugh at a baby with a messy face and a mouth full of cheese while making this dessert.

Now for the tricky part. Well, okay, it's not tricky, I just like to make myself feel like I'm doing something unique and awesome from time to time. Pour 3-4 spoonfuls of the jello liquid onto your cupcakes.

They should look like the photo below when you are done. Don't be afraid to be generous, but take it slow as you are pouring. If you go too fast, the cake will not absorb well and your jello will fill up the bottom of your cupcake tin (trust me on this, it's not pretty)

Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until the jello firms up. From that point, you could eat them as they are. I think it's kind of a pretty dessert, don't you?


Or, if you have some handy, get some whipped cream out and let it rip.

Strawberry Jello Cupcakes!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment