Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie


Combine 3 tablespoons of corn starch to 3/4 of a cup of granulated sugar (I used a whisk to combine)


Add about a cup of mushed up strawberries to the sugar/corn starch combination. Stir constantly until it boils and becomes thick.


You want the strawberry mixture to stick to your spoon or spatula like the picture below. It should also get pretty translucent. I also added the juice of one lemon to the mixture to loosen up the strawberry sauce after I felt it was just getting a little too thick. If you think it's just too thick, you can also add a little bit of water until you think it's the right consistency. You aren't making jam, so you don't want it to be really super thick. You do want it to keep it's form after you pour it over your pie though. BTW,  I could have eaten a bowl of this stuff just by itself. It wold be good on ice cream too.


The bottom layer is the same kind of recipe I use for Sopapilla Cheesecake. One brick of cream cheese (softened) and about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. You have to whip it up until you can't taste the little granules of sugar anymore (about 5 minutes on medium to high speed in your mixer)


Because I knew I was short on berries, I actually used two bricks of cream cheese, plus I just like cream cheese, so there ya go.

Spread it on to the bottom of your pre-cooked pie crust.


Next you need to layer out a bunch of sliced strawberries. You want enough to cover the entire pie, and maybe a second layer too, if you really like strawberries. I confess, I started out with a really pretty design, then decided to just throw them on there in no particular order. I have a short span of attention obviously. Pour the strawberry gelatinous mixture over your layered fruit.


You could just stop here, put it in the refrigerator, and eat it after it's been cooling for a few hours....


OR, if you are really patient, you can wait and mix up some heavy whipping cream with a bout 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Whip the cream until you have stiff peaks, and pipe some pretty kisses around the pie.

Very Pretty, Very Sweet, and Very Much Gone After My Family Gets A Hold Of It.

No comments:

Post a Comment