Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Best Things In Life Are The Simplest Things... and the Yummiest!


I have two things on schedule for the day: Make Crepes with Blueberry Compote for dessert later tonight, and make a rainbow cupcake extravaganza for work tomorrow.
But you know that old Reece's commercial, "Get your chocolate out of my peanut butter"? I had that kind of moment this morning as I was stirring up the compote.


Miniature Vanilla Cupcakes With A Blueberry Compote Topping

And the world fell into awe!
The angels in heaven began to sing!
Little children everywhere cried asked for them for their Birthday!
The President declared it a National Holiday!

Okay, so none of that happened, but I mean HELLO!
This is some good stuff right here, and so simple....


And pretty!


Maybe my new favorite color is blueberry, which after cooking, are not actually blue, who knew this?
How could I not have known?


And ya gotta add the whipped topping.


From the can of course... I'm not a food snob or a great chef....


But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once!



By the way, this was freaking good. Did I mention that?


And pretty. Okay, I think I said that already.
Try this!
ASAP!


To make the cupcakes, follow the cake box directions.
See? Easy.

To make the compote:
3/4 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of corn starch
3/4 cup of water
The juice of one lemon
Stir all that together until it starts to kind of boil.
Add a bunch of blueberries.
Stir constantly until it becomes thick and yummy and you just want to cry because it tastes so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment