Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Mac Daddy Chicken Sammich


I love my Panini Press.
I love it like a fat woman (me) loves cake.
Actually, I love it more than I love cake, because honestly, I'm not a big fan of cake if I really want to be technical.

So I bring to you
My Mac Daddy Chicken Sammich


Start by grilling up some red onion and some egg plant. We still had some eggplant left over despite the drought, and there is nothing that I love better than cooked eggplant in my sandwiches.
You just want to get some good grill marks on the onion and eggplant. It's important not to over cook the veggies, as they become too watery if you do. Just grill them to the point where they are soft to the touch. You can also throw a little salt on them as they grill, or not, if you like stuff boring.


As you can see, a lot goes into this sandwich.
Bacon, rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, onion, eggplant, and I also threw in a little roasted red bell pepper just cuz I was feeling dangerous. Rwowr!


Since I had some ciabatta bread, I went with that, but you can certainly use french bread or just regular bread. Nothing wrong with any of that!

I roasted some garlic, and made a garlic mayo spread. Make sure to use a generous helping, it's good when it's thick and creamy.
Excuse me while I clean out my dirty mind now.

Okay, I'm back.
To make the roasted garlic mayo:
Take two heads of garlic, and peel off as much of the outer layer as possible.
Cut off the tips of the garlic cloves, leaving the top exposed.
I put my heads of garlic face up in a muffin tin, and drizzle some olive oil over the tops.
I cover the cloves with tin foil and let them roast in the oven at 350 for about half an hour.
Bing. Bang. Boom. Done.

After the garlic has cooled, I squeeze the cloves out of their casings into a blender. I add two cups of mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of fresh cracked pepper, and the juice of one lemon. I also add whatever oil was left over in the muffin tins from the roasting. Blend it all up until smooth and creamy. It's truly my favorite spread in the whole wide world, and you can do so many things with it.


Now it's time to layer your ingredients.
You can do it however you like, but I general start with the meat first, then the veggies, then the basil, and lastly the cheese.




Make sure to slather both sides of the bread with the garlic mayo. This is vital to a good sammich! Both Sides! Don't be skimpy wimpy.


Next up, mush it in your Panini press. Or, you could use a regular pan, and mush it with another warm Pan, or a foiled up brick.


And here is your end result. Gooey cheese, yummy bacon, lovely vegetables.
I...Love...This...Sammich.


Which is why I have named it:
My Mac Daddy Chicken Sammich.
Spelling need not be correct when a sandwich is this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment