Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wedge Salad, with chicken and Tzatziki Dressing

 
Ever since I got back from Atlanta I have been obsessed with Wedge Salads. I know they are not new to anyone outside of my own little mind, but I love them. I am all about the wedge. Wedge Shoes, Wedge Salad... It's all good in my book.

 
I am also all about eating better, and in my quest to eat better I am also trying to expand my menu. I ran into a recipe for Tzatziki Sauce and decided to switch it up a little bit and make it into a creamy salad dressing.

 
My Tzatziki dressing is obviously not traditional, but it's based off of the general idea.
I start with 3 peeled and diced cucumbers and add two cloves of crushed garlic.

 
Next I add the zest of one lemon.

 
Then I add the juice of the same lemon.

 
Add some pepper to your taste.

 
Salt to your taste (it's still a vice for me).

 
Give it a little mix.

 
Add two tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

 
I added a 42 oz container of non-fat plain Greek yogurt. If you want to add the stuff with fat, be my guest, but I add something a little extra that will add fat so I stuck with non-fat.

 
Next up is Dill. I do not have an exact measurement. My suggestion is to start out small, taste it, then add more as you go. You can't remove it, so just start small and add to the point where you like it the most.

 
Now this is where I sort of get off the traditional Tzatziki path. I added my favorite garlic seasoning too. Suzie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning. I can't live without the stuff. It's my crack.

 
Then I really really went off recipe and added a softened 8 oz package of cream cheese. Since I want this to be more of a dressing/dip, I add the cream cheese because it does give the Tzatziki more body and less of a tart flavor from the Greek yogurt.

 
By the way, this is good as a vegetable or chip dip too.

 
So here is my nekkid wedge salad with some chicken, tomatoes and red onion (and some more salt and cracked pepper).

 
And here is the finished product!
Wedge Salad With Chicken and Tzatziki Dressing.
 
Try it out, you will like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment