Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trifle Cake In A Jar

 
 
I have been fascinated with putting things in jars lately. Salads, soups, and now desserts. This one is so easy, but tastes out of this word.
 
 
Normally when I make this it's usually in a big pan or bowl to feed the masses at work. This time around it's for Relay For Life, and more for an individual to buy, so I figured why not put it in a jar; It'll show how pretty the dessert is, and people can store it and take it home much more easily.
 
 
 
By the way, I have figured out my golden time for outdoor photos is about 6:30 PM now, and I also found out that the big stump I plan to one day make into a table or gigantic flower pot is a great place to take photos. Awesome, right? Well, it is to me anyway.
 
 
 
As I was saying earlier, this is an easy dessert to make.
You will just need one pre-made angelfood cake.
Fruit of your choice (Fresh is the best).
1 16 oz carton of heavy cream
2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1 cup of whole milk.
1 container of cool whip.
 
That's it.
 
I guess you could actually make your angelfood cake from scratch, but really I am lazy and hate doing dishes, so there you go.
 
Whip up the whole carton of heavy cream with a wire whisk attachment in your mixer. You only want to get it frothy, not all the way whipped up, because it's going to get thick anyway as you add the pudding.
 
My only tip with the pudding is to add it very slowly to the cream so that the granules don't get stuck to the side. I tend to let the cream froth up, then slow it down and add in one bag of pudding mix, let it go a bit on medium speed, then add the next box a little bit at a time.
 
At this point I am just watching the mixture to make sure it doesn't get too thick. Once I see it go that way, I add in a little bit of milk at a time until I see a nice smooth consistency.
 
After the cream is done, it's time to cut up the fruit and layer chunks of cake, fruit and cream. Or you can layer fruit, cake and cream. Or you can layer cream, cake and fruit. You get the picture.
 
Top it all off with cool whip.
 
I think these little babies will sell good tomorrow!
 
 



 


1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if these can be canned or preserved somehow.

    ReplyDelete