Saturday, October 4, 2014

Salsa Verde Roast Beef

Yep, it's another Salsa Verde recipe. I love this stuff like a fat kid loves cake. 


I started out by roasting poblano peppers, Anaheim peppers, jalapeños, tomatillos, onions and garlic under the broiler. 



If I'd thought to use a bigger pan I'd have just put it all in one, but I like to do more dishes than necessary when I cook. It's just my thing I guess.

While the veg is roasting, I seasoned a frozen roast beef I got straight from my moms freezer. They have Angus cows. It was free. This was all meant to be.

I used my favorite seasoning: Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning Blend. It's crazy good on any meat.


I admit to being pretty liberal with my garlic seasoning. Don't judge me. 

Once my veggies are roasted on all sides, I throw all the peppers in a plastic bag so I can peel off the skins later.


But, meh, I got impatient and just ended up throwing it all in my blender with two cups of water and a bunch of cilantro.



Normally, I'd use chicken stock, but Misty forgot to buy some while at the grocery store. It just kicks up the flavor a little more, but water will do in a pinch.


You should end up with this: 


Pour that over your roast, don't be shy about it.


I did add an extra onion in there too, just for giggles.

I covered the dish with foil and placed in the oven at 350° for four hours or so. That last hour, remove the foil to brown up the meat a bit. I like a crust at the top of my roast.


Removing the foil will reduce the salsa down to a thick consistency, and that makes it all yummy and good.


And that's it! Pretty dang yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment