Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Breast


I've been experimenting with chicken breast a lot lately, and I think this one is a winner. Mostly because it's easy, and also because it tastes so stinking good!

Start by butterflying a nice sized chicken breast.


Set that aside and get started on the creamy mushroom and onion filling.

I used half of a brick of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of green onions and 1/2 a cup of chopped mushrooms. I think. Seriously, I don't measure.



Smush it all together with s spoon if you don't like to get your hands messy. I use my hands though, it's just easier. I also add salt and pepper and garlic seasoning. Set this aside and spread pesto across the inside of your breasts (The chicken breasts! I swear, people have dirty minds. Unlike me, of course. My mind is as pure as snow. I'm a freaking Angel! Obviously!).


Next up, lay some mozzarella cheese over the pesto.


Then place a healthy amount of the mushroom cream cheese concoction over that.


Fold over the sides of your chicken and season the top with your favorite seasoning.


Spray a pan with Pam and place in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes. I like to finish it off under the broiler for about three to five minutes.


I added a few extra shrooms for good measure.

I also baked some cauliflower and cheese as a side. It was yum yum.



And that's it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment