Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Morning Quinoa Breakfast Bowl


This one was soooo delicious, I don't think I will ever make my quinoa breakfast bowls without almond butter again.

I cooked 1/2 cup of rinsed quinoa in 1 cup of almond milk. As it thickened up, I added a tablespoon of almond butter, a dash of honey, a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. You can just add cinnamon if you like. 

Meanwhile, I sliced me up some freshly picked apples from a local grower and drizzled them with honey. I caramelized my slices along with some pecans I keep stored in my freezer from last year's supply from my tree outside.

Pour the quinoa in a bowl when it's done, it should resemble thickened multo-meal, and drop your apples and pecans over the top. I added a little more almond milk and honey at the end.


Healthy AND filling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment