Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Strawberry Trifle Cake To Feed The Masses


One of the downfalls of making stuff at night is poor photo quality because of bad lighting. But, if you want some pretty pictures feel free to browse the blog because I've made this a bajillion times. 

Seriously, I can do this in my sleep now.

Tomorrow I'm supplying the desserts for my company's Thanksgiving luncheon, and this is probably the most requested dessert I have. It's requested so often that I put a ban on making it for most of the summers because I was sick of it. I think Thanksgiving qualifies as special, so here we go!

Start with a very large pan and two very spongy angelfood cakes. I never make them from scratch, it just doesn't come out right for me and I'm too lazy to bake. Trae up the cake into chunks.


Get a large carton of strawberries and quarter them.


Set your cake aside and start on the vanilla cream mixture. This is so easy, but get this, for some reason people think this is really complicated so they will think you are a dessert genius. I won't say anything if you don't.

Pour two quarts of heavy cream into a stand mixing bowl with a wire whisk attachment. Turn the speed to low and slowly add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract and two packages of instant vanilla pudding. 



Turn the speed to medium high and keep going until the pudding mixture gets thick. At this point I slowly add 1 cup of whole milk, then turn up the speed a little more. You should end up with a thick, but not hard peak mixture.


Slather your vanilla cream mixture over your cake and strawberries.




Cover with cool whip


And top with strawberries if you like... I like.


And then eat it. Just remember to share because if you don't, people will be very mad at you! I know this from experience.

Grocery list:
2 quarts of heavy cream
2 pre made spongy angelfood cakes
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of whole milk
2 large packages of vanilla instant pudding
A lot of strawberries. Like a lot. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment