Saturday, November 22, 2014

When the pan is just too small...


The good news is, the pancake is supposed to kinda look like this. 

Your grocery list:
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
Two tart apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
4 tablespoons of butter
1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon 

I've done this before, so if you want more of a pictured step by step, look up the caramelized pear pancake recipe in the search bar.

But, it's a really easy and quick process.

Melt your butter in your pan in a 400° oven. While your butter is melting, mix your flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in your flour and place four cracked eggs into it. Incorporate your eggs into your flour with a whisk, all while you slowly add a cup of milk to your mixture.

Take about 3/4 of your melted butter and stir into your batter. The rest of the butter will be used to coat your pan.

Next, take your sliced apples and start to caramelize them. I added about two tablespoons of sugar to the apples and cooked them over high heat for about five minutes. I also added some cinnamon too.


Then I added my batter...


Then I let it bake in the oven for 20 minutes.


Obviously, my pan was too small, but it still all worked out.


And it gave me a great excuse to use my new plate! Win/Win!!




No comments:

Post a Comment