Sunday, May 31, 2015

Do You Granola Bro?

I do....


I swore to myself that once I mastered granola making I would post a recipe, and I feel like I finally got it down so here we go!

This is a maple, honey, chocolate and cherry blend. I also added a few other ingredients, and I have to admit I'm uber pleased with it. 


Start with a cup of coconut oil in a bowl.



Add two cups of maple syrup (or agave works too). They even have an agave maple syrup now that tastes just like real maple. I think it's called SohGave. 

Heat the oil and maple in the microwave until the oil melts.


Add about a teaspoon of vanilla.


In a large bowl I added a whole 42 oz. container of old fashioned rolled oats. To that I added a generous tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. 


A cup of raw pumpkin seed.


A cup of salted sunflower seeds.


1/2 a cup of flax seed.


A bag of pecans or whatever kind of nut you like. I also added walnuts as well.


Then pour in your oil and maple mixture.


Mix well to cover the whole batch.


Just for an extra sweetness I mixed in a couple of tablespoons of raw honey.


Cover the bowl and let it set in your fridge  for an hour or more. You want the oil and maple to make the oats soft but not mushy.


Pour the first batch into a jelly roll pan.


Pre heat your oven to 300°. Bake 20 minutes, then stir the batch and bake another 20, or until golden brown.


Add a package of your choice of dried fruit. I decided on cherries for two batches and cranberries for one.



And finally add a cup of dark chocolate chips. Let the chips melt a little and start mushing it all in so that the chocolate coats the oats. I placed my pan in my fridge to hurry up the process so I could bag it.


Done! You can jar it, bag it, or eat it out of a cup right away. Your choice! I baked 3 batches from the above ingredients.




Your grocery list:
Old fashioned rolled oats
Coconut oil (olive oil works well too)
Maple syrup
Honey
Vanilla
Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Raw pumpkin seeds
Salted sunflower seeds
Flax seeds or chia seeds
Pecans or walnuts or chopped almonds
Dried cherries or cranberries
Dark chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment