Saturday, January 8, 2011

Turkey Won Tons

I gotta love a day when I can use my fryer for the first time

 
 Start with about 2/3 cup of scallions, 1 clove of crushed garlic, 1 1/2 lbs of ground turkey meat, and about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of chopped mushrooms.


 Ground up all  contents as fine as you can. There is no method to this, just pound it all away as best you can. I love my special spatula for breaking down meats. You want to add salt and pepper at this time.
Add about three tablespoons of soy sauce to the mixture.
Try not to let the cuteness of a two year old niece distract you from what you are doing at this point.

With a little water on your finger,
wet the edges of the won ton wrap. It will help seal the won ton, and helps keep things from getting out. 

Place a small amount of the cooked meat mixture in the center. Not too much, or you won't be able to close the purse.

Fold the wrap to make a triangle, and press down on both sides until it sticks together.


Try again not to be distracted by a two year old baring a harmonica.

She's very talented, as you can see.


Now it's time to fry up your Won Tons!
Be sure to follow your fryer instructions. Don't be like me and just wing it.

You want them to be golden, and crisp. If you start getting too brown (like some of mine turned out) they get a little tougher to eat. Not that anyone in my family had any problem eating the browner ones. heh.

Set on a napkin to dry off a little. As you can see, my first batch came out a tad too brown... But I didn't see any left over by those who were complaining and shall remain nameless. However, my second batch and (and every one after that) came out just fine.

Next, place them on your special plate you bought just for this occasion because you are tired of the vanilla looking plates that are boring and do nothing to make a food picture pop.

Now... Wax On and Wax Off Daniel San.
I do have to say, I have no Inner Chinese Granny. I had no idea what I was doing, and I'm sure if any Chinese Granny saw this blog post she would cringe in shame, or die laughing. But, they were very tasty. The ones I filled with just cream cheese were even tastier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment