Friday, April 18, 2014

Baked Cauliflower and Asparagus with Alfredo Sauce


I'm having one of those moments where I wish that I had taken pictures for a step-by-step of how to make the Alfredo sauce I did today.

~~sighs~~

Ah well, I'll have to do that the next time I make it. In the meantime, here's a picture to show you the end result.


Seriously yummy. I will never use Alfredo sauce from the jar again.

Quick instructions:
Melt one stick of butter in a sauce pan. I used unsalted because the cheese I used already had salt in it.
Add one clove of garlic all minced up.
Add one pint off heavy cream to the melted butter. 
Then finally add about 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. I happened to use pecorino Romano cheese.

Stir constantly over medium low heat until thick and bubbly and you are done.

Here's a photo with my camera of me stirring. Don't hold back your excitement.


I baked the cauliflower and asparagus at 350° for about 20 minutes, then grated some of my cheese over it and let it broil for 5 minutes more. It was scrum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment