Sunday, April 20, 2014

How to hide an Easter Egg... The foodie way.


So this is how I decided to hide my eggs this year: A twice baked sweet potato with eggs.

I started with a few strips of bacon and 1/2 an onion all cut up. I cooked them until the bacon started getting crispy.


Next I added diced apples. I wanted to add a little sweet to the savory without adding processed sugar.



I baked a large sweet potato for about 45 minutes at 350°. 


Then I cut that sucker open and spooned out the inside, adding it to my pan of bacon, onion and apples. (Reserve a little of the bacon mixture to add later).


Add some butter and mash the potatoes.




Spoon your mixture back into your potato skin.


Make a well large enough to hold an egg (or two).


Put back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until your eggs are done,


I kind of over did one of the eggs, my oven is wonky like that, but it's still all good because I hid my eggs with my left over bacon mixture. I'm sneaky like that.




I'll take my Easter Eggs this way any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment