Saturday, May 17, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes

I think I've developed an addiction to baked pancakes. A crazy, whacked out, uber fattening addiction. They are no good for me, but I keep going back to them. Kind of like an exboyfriend who takes all your money, but is really good in bed, so you just keep going back... Er, you get the point.


I preheat my oven to 400°, and set my oven safe pan inside of it to warm up as I start my batter: 3/4 cup of flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and crack 4 eggs into it.

Slowly whisk your eggs into the flour and add a little bit of milk at the same time as you whisk (totalling up to a cup of milk). Grate one lemon and add that, plus one teaspoon of vanilla. Stir well.

Take your pan out of the oven and melt 3 tablespoons of butter on your stove top. The heat should be set at medium. Coat all the sides, etc. then pour about 3/4 of your butter in to your batter and mix well; set the batter aside.

In your pan, drop a healthy cup full of blueberries. Add the juice of half a lemon and two heaping tablespoons of sugar. Cook down until the blueberries create a nice syrup. Remove half of your syrup to add as a topping later. Pour your batter in to your pan and place back in the oven. No need to stir in the batter, just pour that sucker right in, everything will still work out fine.

Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. The Pancake will fluff up and raise at the edges, looking very fancy and crazy good.


I didn't burn anything this time! Woot!

Now all you gotta do is serve it. Maple syrup or honey works well with this recipe, along with a dusting of powdered sugar.

And enjoy!




P.S. I only did this breakfast because I wanted to show off my new plates. I love them. So much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment