Sunday, July 6, 2014

Skillet Breakfast

I wanted to start out right this morning with breakfast, so I wouldn't feel the need to over stuff myself at dinner.

Thus, a skillet breakfast.


It all starts in my cast iron pan and a slice of bacon. I rendered the fat, drained it, and added onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms. I sautéed all of it until the bacon was crispy. 


Then I made two wells and cracked an egg in each one. Spread around the whites a little, they'll be your glue to hold it all together in the end.


I let that cook a little on the stove top until almost set. I like to use a lid from a pot to help it all along.


Next I added two thinly cut slices of tomatoes.


And some cheese.


I threw this under my broiler to melt the cheese for about a minute. Just watch it, too long and you will over cook your eggs. 


And presto bango, I have breakfast.

I added some avocado, blueberries, and some sriracha just cuz.



Yea!

Now it's time to clean my living room carpet.

Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment