Sunday, January 20, 2013

Peanut Butter and Brownie Push Pops

 
Today I was supposed to clean my living room, instead I made these.....
Peanut Butter and Brownie Push Pops.
Obviously, the whole cleaning thing never happened.
 
 
The process is pretty simple, though maybe a little more time consuming than a regular cupcake.
 
 
I like push pop cupcakes. It's sort of a unique way of presenting something everyone knows, and you can reuse the containers. Win Win!
 
 
I used a boxed fudge brownie mix, spread out over a sheet cake pan.
I made a peanut butter frosting with ... wait for it... peanut butter.
Well, peanut butter, two sticks of unsalted butter, two to three tablespoons of heavy cream, and I guess about 4 cups of powdered sugar.
There is also a chocolate ganache in there and the top is a chocolate/toffee crumble.
 
I think the end result is very pretty though. I'm letting it set up over night in the fridge so it will not all fall apart when one of my co-workers starts to eat it.
 
 
I will be sure to post more of a how to next time I do this. There are a few things I like to do that make assembly a little easier. By the way, this is a great thing to do if you have a kid who is interested in cooking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment